Saturday, April 6, 2013

A-Z Challenge: Flecktone

Ever heard of a Flecktone?

Well, you should.  Bela Fleck and the Flecktones are an incredible group of musicians.  They are almost beyond description, at least in simple terms.  They are jazzy, but not a jazz band.  They are classically influence, but not classical.  They are funky, but not funkadelic.

They are awesome.

Bela Fleck is an banjo virtuoso, who can fire off the Beverly Hillbillies theme (he did the theme in the movie version, which is the only decent part) and then transition to Bach...and make it seem natural.

The Flecktones are Victor and Roy Wooten, and other musicians join them.  Victor plays bass, and is an absolute master (NOTE: I also play bass.  Not as good as Victor, but I don't suck.)  His brother Roy plays the synth-axe drumitar.  Basically, it's a drum machine that is somewhat, but not completely, shaped like a guitar.

I imagine many of you readers (NOTE: Ha!  There's only like 6 of you...) have not heard of, or more importantly, heard Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.  I implore you, because implore sounds like a very important word, to click the video below and treat yourself to some sonic wonder.  I'm listening to it right now...


Or jump right to Part II, which begins with the Victor Wooten bass solo:



5 comments:

D.G. Hudson said...

Hubs has heard of these guys. Interesting. I must spend too much time in the study.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's the mark of a true musician.

Rick Daley said...

I saw them live back in the early 90s, they introduced Victor as their "secret weapon." I love the way they blend styles, it's the ultimate fusion.

Sattakingin said...

play bazaar mainly helping to wealthy people for making so much good money earn and satta king alos in this bike race make money and London and paris.

Shannon Mackle said...

Just a couple of months ago, I gave this relationship doctor Robinson buckler a try. It was my last hope to get my ex husband back.

Weeks before my ex left me and our 2 children, there were a lot of argument and fighting between me and him. On the day he left me, he told me that he doesn't think he loved me any more and this was not working. I was so devastated hearing this, I begged him not to go and I even promised that I would change. But he made up his mind already. He packed his bags and left our house.

I tried calling him and texting him to tell him I miss him and still love him. I asked him to give us another chance. He slowly stopped replying to my messages and stopped picking up my calls.

I then searched the internet on how to get ex back, and even bought a few products such as text your ex back and ex recovery system. Nothing worked, and my ex was still very cold towards me.

When I was about to give up, I found Robinson buckler ex back program. He is a relationship coach with a lot of success stories. I knew what I needed was not a book but a coach to guide me how to make my ex fall in love with me again. I immediately signed up for his program.

In the first couple of days, I made a lot of good progress. I am happier and more confident. My ex saw the positive changes in me, and started to talk to me more and even asked me out for dates.

Fast forward two weeks later, my ex told me that he wants to give our relationship a second try. I was beyond happy when I heard that.

Now, we are closer and happier together. It would not have happened without Robinson buckler help.

I highly recommend_________________________________ R.buckler11@[[gmail.com]]

if you are serious about getting back your ex.

Win Ex lover back in 48 hours......

He cures herpes with herbal mixture

100% result guaranteed..

-GENITAL AND ORAL HERPES

-HPV

-ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION

–HEPATITIS A,B AND C

-COLD SORE

-SHINGLES

-FIBROID

-BARENESS/INFERTILITY…